Patient and family engagement offers a promising pathway toward better-quality health care, more-efficient care, better patient and employee satisfaction, and improved population health. KRHOP is currently working with a cohort of seven hospitals on a project designed to assist Critical Access Hospitals in implementation of patient and family engagement metrics.
Anticipated outcomes of this project include:
- Improve quality and safety;
- Improve patient experience scores (CAHPS®);
- Improve patient outcomes;
- Improve patient satisfaction; and
- Improve employee engagement and retention.
Another round of this project will be opening in late 2017 or early 2018.